HOW TO ENTER
1) Add this journal to your favorites. No need to be a watcher of mine.
2) Choose one photo deviation. The deviation submitted may be a new photograph taken and submitted specifically for this contest or a deviation that you had in your gallery previously. (Entry must be a deviation, not a Stash post or a link to an outside site like Photobucket or flickr. I need to have access to a thumbnail code.)
3) In the deviation description, include a brief (100 words or fewer) vignette of your memory of the time when you took the photo. It can be funny, an explanation of what inspired you to snap the picture, and/or something poignant and important to you about the moment. (Go here for an example.)
4) Submit your photo by including a link to its deviation in a comment on THIS journal entry page.
• Submissions will be accepted between now and midnight on September 30, 2014.
• You get one chance to enter. (One photograph per entry. One entry per account. One account per person.) YOU must choose the one photo to enter. I will not do it for you.
• Entry must be a photograph, not something that's already a drawing, painting, etc.
• The photograph submitted must belong to you. No submitting another person's deviation (and obviously no uploading someone else's photo to your gallery and claiming it as your own).
• I will choose the winners based on the quality of the photograph (in-focus, good lighting, etc.), the appearance of the animal (pose, facial expression, etc.), how well I think it will translate into a painting, and the poignancy/uniqueness/humor of the written "memory" in the description of the deviation.
• Both color and greyscale photos are acceptable. Any live non-human animal species will be accepted.
•I WELCOME: *I love talking to fellow deviants
-Questions (Please check my FAQs first)
-Help requests regarding the dA site or community
-Thank you's for watches, faves, etc.
-Greetings or conversation starters
•ABSOLUTELY NO: *These WILL be hidden and/or reported.
-Trolling (Constructive criticism is not considered trolling)
-Begging for anything (Polite begging is still begging)
-Random links (They're dangerous and won't be clicked)
-Spam (includes ads for your page, deviations, group, or other site)
•Fan art requests can be suggested here
•To invite me to join a group: Send an invitation to my inbox. Comments or notes asking me to join will be marked as spam.